6.15.2008

So Hot That I Melted

I'm not sure if anyone actually checks at my website regularly, but in case you don't, I've created a new mix in the "Mixology" section. I actually have several mixes floating around in my head, but because of the omer and a few other things, I neglected to actually create them and put them on my site. One such mix I already have a name for; "What I Was Listening To While You Were Singing Along to the Backstreet Boys" -- pretty much a mix of all my favorite songs from the age of 11 until 14 (the music that helped to form my musical tastes of today). I hope to also make a new random mix for the front page. I'll hopefully put up a new playlist there by the end of the week.

I had so much more to say than just updating you on the updates of my page, but none of the thoughts seem to be melding together correctly right now. I was basically going to go on a rant about how silly it is to focus on the differences between people and that that is what causes rifts in communities. Not that people actually being different is the cause, but the focusing on the difference is the cause. Eh, I pretty much said it all right there. Well, in much less detail, but I think the gist is just as effective.


// Jason Mraz's 'I'm Yours'

6 comments:

frumskeptic said...

I was one of those people that listened to BSB and could not fathom how girls my age didnt obsess over boy bands. lol

I thought it was just guys who so feared being thought of as gay taht wouldnt listen to those cutesy songs.

I was so typical. :)

Jessica said...

I didn't fear being thought of as gay, I just didn't understand how anyone could actually like their music. They were New Kids on the Block for our generation.

frumskeptic said...

lol.

I stil have no idea how i listened to them. THey were terrible. I do occassionaly get their songs stuck in my head, but I'm soooo over them. lol.
and you're not a guy, why would u think it made u gay?!
:):)

Anonymous said...

I spent high school in the Sub-Pop catalog.

Jessica said...

fs - must have misread. I thought you were saying that you only thought guys feared being gay, so that's why they didn't listen to backstreet boys. now I see though that you were saying that you thought that only guys didn't listen to backstreet boys, but there reasoning was because they thought they were gay.

fp - sub-pop had some good bands. my future mix is going to be songs from around 6th-9th grade though, so most of it is pre-high school. I was really into ska and pretty much anything that I could jump up and down to, but still had a pop-ness to them.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious, I remember in seventh grade i used to go to school and obsess over the BSB and Aaron Carter, and then come home and secretly listen to PJ Harvey and Elliot Smith or Bad Religion.
it wasnt till like ninth grade that i was brave enough to "come out"....lmao