8.24.2008

'Good Omens' by Neil Gaiman

I finally finished my 'G' book. I have technically been reading this book since April. Between final papers, finals, morning sickness and then skipping town I put off finishing this book. I'd have to say that although I can barely remember what the first 3/4 of the book were about, I do remember enjoying them. I also enjoyed the last 1/4 of the book, but as a whole I had a lot of trouble with the book. Whenever there is more that 4 main characters that I have to pay attention to I get confused. Undiagnosed learning disability? Maybe. Attention span of a crack baby? More likely. If you're looking for a good story, this book definitely has it. But if you're like me, I'd say skip this book and find one with less characters to focus on so you don't have to keep saying to yourself, "Wait... who's that?"






As usual you can read all of my ABC book reviews at my website under the "ABC" link at the bottom of the page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to read that one, but I too have difficulty with quite a few main characters. I'm surprised I handled Harry Potter so well with all of my mispronunciations of names, let alone all the characters you met and got to know.

Sigh, but I think I'll skip this one. I'm having a hard enough time reading blogs as of late!

Like - I didn't know until about two weeks ago that you were pregnant? Woohoo! You seem to have a great character, a wonderful soul, you'll be a great mother.

Ookamikun said...

Terry Pratchett, but not about discworld, I guess I'll read.