12.10.2007

We Will Find A Place To Hide

Its interesting to see what's happened in the lives of people we haven't seen since 6th grade. Corey and I went to a wedding yesterday and there was a girl (er... woman) there who had moved from Cleveland (my hometown) after 6th grade and I hadn't seen her since. She looked exactly like she had in 6th grade just... grown up. She is married to a really nice guy (who happens to have gone to yeshiva with Corey) and is getting a nursing degree. They even gave us a ride home -- which turned out to be a bit out of the way for them. I was really happy to get to see her and meet her husband and normally I'm not a big fan of speaking to people I don't know well/meeting new people. But, yesterday was a "new" kind of day for me, since I had to basically sit on the lap of one of Corey's (male) friends... the backseat of the car was too small for Corey, me and Corey's friend. I tried scooting in as far as I could (I was in the middle) and ended up sitting on Corey's friend (AWKWARD!). Needless to say, Corey ended up sitting in the front passenger seat and my friend (the one from elementary school)'s husband sat in back. So yeah... I don't think I'm shomer anymore... wait, can married people even be categorized as "shomer" or "not shomer"?

//Today's title brought to you by Plushgun's song "Maybe Tomorrow", the number 5 and the letter Q.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

woops jessica!
yes it is forbidden for a man to touch a married woman.

glad u had a nice time.

Jessica said...

lol. i know. i was just joking around.

Anonymous said...

Jess, which high school classmate? oh and thanks for telling me about the new blog!! i had to stumble apon it accidentally. and now ive spent all day at work catching up on your life! lol!

Jessica said...

sara, i sent you a text about it. shoshana e. i didnt really "tell" anyone about the new blog. i put a link to it on my facebook and its the signature on all of my emails. you should get a new blog. theyre fun.