12.19.2007

Underneath The Mistletoe

One more final. Half a paper to write. Flight out of here at 9:55 am on Friday. Cannot wait. So hungry. Having hard time writing proper sentences.
I'm a Jew. I love Christmas songs. I am an orthodox Jew. I really, really love Christmas songs. All year long I sing them. ("Chestnuts roasting on an open fire... Jack Frost nipping at your nose... blah blah blah blah -- don't actually know those lyrics -- ... Merry Christmas to you!" and "Over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house we go. The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh on the white and drifting snow!") Ah...wonderful. It wasn't until yesterday though that I actually downloaded a Christmas song and put it on my mp3 player. It is an awesome song though, so who can blame me? I downloaded My Chemical Romance's version of "All I Want For Christmas Is You". I actually love the Mariah Carey version too, but she's Mariah Carey... I'd prefer not to have a song of hers anywhere near my mp3 player.



Just as a side note, download "Wine Red" by The Hush Sound.

//Todays title is brought to you by the lyrics to my favorite Christmas song.

8 comments:

Frum Librarian said...

I also LOVE christmas songs. My husband gets annoyed but it's such a commercial holiday anyway, why can't I enjoy the Macy's windows etc.? (And I also like the Mariah Carey one almost as much as the My Chem one, but that's top secret)

JAYSUN said...

Thanks for the comment, i commented back on the blog, my sn is Driftracer86 if i get on

frumskeptic said...

I hate Christmas songs!! I never liked them!! I find them annoying!!
To each his own, huh??

flatbush gal said...

I've had all I want for christmas is you in my head since forever! Don't worry my friend claims christmas is her fave holiday...we're not really friends so much as aquaintances..;)

Anonymous said...

many people enjoy them. big deal. enjoy

Jessica said...

FL - its uncanny how similar we are. could we possibly be twins separated at birth?

skeptic - I feel like I should feel the way you do about Christmas songs (based on the fact that most of the music I enjoy is somehow related to punk), but I just can't help but love it!

f-gal - lol. Christmas is wonderful for two main reasons. 1. the music and 2. baskin robbin's special holiday flavors (peppermint...*drool*)

LS - I'm a bit confused by your comment. Well, more confused at the point of it really. That comment seems more appropriate for the Mitchell Report ("Many baseball players take steroids. big deal.")...


To Everyone: I'm currently not in Brooklyn (thank G-d!) and won't be back until January 13th. Right now my husband and I are visiting my in-laws, then we're going on our (belated) honeymoon, and then we're heading over to my parents house. So until then there probably won't be any posts and limited commenting as well. Have a happy new year!

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

I'm a rabbinic student and love chistmas songs! I just downloaded ''the little drummer boy'', from ,celtic woman,s holiday album. Sublime.

By the way; I read today it's halachically forbidden to listen to songs that were actually sung in a church as a religious service. ץץץgood to know. Even if you keep doing it...

העבד

Jessica said...

Shlomo - I think I've actually heard that halacha before... most (actually all) of the Christmas songs that I enjoy listening to aren't really "religious" songs. But, very good to know. Thanks :-)