3.21.2008

I Want It To Feel

So apparently today is the holiday of Purim. Could have fooled me. I heard the megilah last night. Heard it again this morning. Gave some shaloch manos to people, cooked the seudah and ate it. Still, it just doesn't feel like Purim. This is mine and Corey's first holiday as a married couple without any family (other than each other). Actually, this is our first holiday (whether married or not) with less than 3 people involved. It's just us today. Feels like pretty much any other day. Feels as if we just had a nice, slightly fancier than usual, lunch together. And though this has very little, if any, correlation I can't help but feel even more hatred toward New York.

//"I Want It To Feel Like Love" by The Hint

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an odd question, but what is it like to be married?
What brought the two of you together?

I'm not trying to be nosy, just really really curious! These things fascinate me.

Jessica said...

Marriage is awesome, but it definitely takes a lot of work. A lot of people think that once you're married there are less fights and disagreements and that everything is sunshine and lollipops, but my husband and i have our fair share of fights. But we always manage to work them out and afterward there's this feeling of bliss. I'm not being dramatic either, it really feels so awesome once we've gotten over an argument.

As for how we were brought together, well, we both had happened to sign up for a dating site at the same time. I saw his profile and it seemed to be exactly what i was looking for so I sent him a message, which is insanely out of character for me. He wrote back, we started e-mailing, then talking on the phone for a few months and then we finally met. I was living back in my hometown at the time and he was in school in NY so I went to NY to see him (since I have a bunch of friends there). We went on three dates in the 4 and a half days that I was there. After the third, I'm pretty sure I knew he was the one... or at least that he had a lot of potential to be.

The Candy Man said...

Man, I hear you about New York. Move out here to Northern California. It's much nicer.

And I hear you about Purim. I remember feeling that way, too. All I can say is, dream big. Do what you find meaningful. Take risks. God doesn't want you to be bored. This religion is for you to take and do what you want with.

Jessica said...

candy man - yeah, my husband and I realized that we should have just dressed up and baked hamentashen. instead we just focused on the fact that purim was on a friday, we were in ny and away from our family. Next year though, it'll be totally different -- we'll be out of ny! woohoo!!!

the sabra said...

"This religion is for you to take and do what you want with."

pfffff

and after i finish smirking, i may just shed a tear.