4.10.2008

"The Great Gatsby" - F. Scott Fitzgerald


It boggles my mind that some books are considered classics. While "The Great Gatsby" was quick reading, I found nothing redeeming about the story at all. I felt like I was having a conversation with a name-dropper. You know the type. They just talk and talk and talk about people assuming you know exactly who they're talking about because they're the coolest people ever, but you're just thinking in your head, Who the hell are they talking about and why are they telling me this asinine story? With every new character that was introduced that is how I felt. I definitely wasn't bored while I read it, but I can't help but feel that this book was a complete waste of my time.

3 comments:

frumskeptic said...

I thought the Great Gatsby was absouletly terrible. My moms freind recommended it after she saw me crying (I was literally hysterical) after finishing Gone with the Wind (btw, by far the greatest book ever). She was like "The Great Gatsby will make you cry" And well, I didn't cry. It was awful. I dont know why I even bothered finishing the book. Probably because I thought that maybe, just maybe it'll get better on the next page.

Anonymous said...

wow youre stupid. its a classic for a reason. his writing style is remarkable. its truely amazing how much he thought out every tiny little part of the book. you have no appreciation for ridiculously amazing writing.

Jessica said...

Anon - It's called an OPINION. Grow up.