4.17.2008

Who gives a crap what the title is? I'm pissed.

I feel like I've been given the shaft by a lot of my friends. I try to keep in contact, but if I don't contact them, I won't hear from them until, well, until the next time I contact them. I'd have to say that this pisses me off quite a bit and makes me rethink our entire friendship. Now I don't know if these memories that I'm having are real or not. Was this always how it was and I didn't notice it or because this is happening now my mind is seeing things that are not there? I just feel like I put in a lot of effort and get almost nothing in return. Although I doubt any of them actually reads this, I hope that they just happen to read this post. Maybe I should just bring it to their attention (not the post, but the feelings I'm expressing in it), but I know the answer I'd get. "Oh Jessica, you're just being silly. You know we're friends!" And then I'm made out to just be seeing things that aren't there... great.

6 comments:

Jewish Sceptic said...

I understand completely...but I think if they wanted to put effort in, they would. Or maybe they're just lazy...?

Perhaps the next time you contact them you could say stuff like "call me later" or "let me know if you want to get together next week..." and see what response that gets. If you suddenly find everyone's cats have died, or there's a sudden invasion of Great Aunts from Flordia and they just can't meet you...I'd be worried.

Until then, smile and chin up! =)

Jessica said...

That last part did make me smile. Thanks :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, bring it to their attention.

My friends have to constantly bring it to my attention I leave them out of the loop for long periods of time. And it is A) pure laziness, B) I have nothing exciting to present to the table and feel weird for starting a conversation on nothing.

And I too, use the excuse, "of course we're friends!" Because it's true, most of the time... Most.

frumskeptic said...

Jessica: I'm sure alot of your freinds are just realy busy. I used to be really annoyed when noone called me, but now, I'm so busy, and when people call me, I have no time to even talk to them, I understand where they were coming from beforehand. So I just keep intouch with majority of my friends by email, and then over vacations we get together, call, and such.

Don't read into things. If these people weren't ur freinds they wouldnt even bother answerign the phones or if they did, like sceptic said, use lame excuses as to why they really can't talk now.

Jessica said...

comp,
i dont care if there is anything exciting going on. just expect a "hey, what's up" every once in a while. i seem to be the one giving it, never receiving though.

fs,
that's just it. i dont keep in contact by phone. and i'm not expecting some long email either. but it gets very irritating when i, a newlywed, full time student, part time college assistant who only gets to see her husband for a few hours a day is able to send a message saying "hey, what's up", but her friends who are equally (and in some cases, less) busy don't even bother to do that little.

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

Hey man, after marriage things are different. Friends drift a bit...(I'm not married. ...thank G-d! No seriously, I want to be married, but it's got it's tough points...