4.29.2008

I Control My Future

I sat down in front of the computer about four hours ago. I was planning on getting some school work out of the way. Had some summaries to write and a paper to write for philosophy of science before the semester ends. Instead, I wrote one summary, did two loads of laundry, watched Funny Games -- I give it a 7.5/10 - interesting film, but my expectations must have been too high and they weren't met -- and posted on a various forum boards. I don't really have anything on my mind, but I figured it was due time for a blog post. The title of this blog... "I control my future". No, actually, I don't. Well, in some ways I do. I choose to do good or bad, but ultimately, G-d's in charge of my future. I don't really understand why that bothers some people. With G-d taking care of your future you can kind of sit back and relax. Every little thing you do doesn't need to be over-analyzed because in the end, you're going to end up wherever G-d takes you. Some people don't like having complete control, but I, on the other hand, think it's a huge stress reliever.


//'Festival Song" - Good Charlotte - it's sfira and that song popped into my head for reasons unknown.

1 comment:

frumskeptic said...

It definitly makes me feel better knowing that in the end, I'm gonna get what I'm supposed to get anyway. however, theres Hishtadlus and ain mazel bnei yisroal.

All this philosophical stuff... I have a paper to write too!!!