11.05.2007

I've Got The Mic and You've Got The Mosh Pit

In high school I used to write down the alphabet in my notebook. Each letter on the line below the letter that preceded it. Then I would write down the name of a band next to their corresponding letters (e.g. Queen next to Q, Brand New next to B, etc). I would do this when I was bored and couldn't space out anymore. I did this the other day during political philosophy. When I was finished, I wrote down the letters again and tried to fill it in with philosophers. Unfortunately, though I am a philosophy major, my knowledge of philosophers is limited and I was unable to fill it in completely. Still, I was bored. I wrote down the letters again, this time putting down authors. From that sparked the idea I shall refer to as project alphabet books. I decided to read a book from each author. 26 letters in the alphabet, 26 authors.

A few hours ago I finished reading the A-book. "The Verificationist" by Donald Antrim. I feel like I must be missing something. I really like the way the guy writes. It made me feel like the character was a real person. His thoughts were random and I liked that. But, still, I must be missing something. There had to be something beneath the surface, but I can't figure out what it was. What was he trying to tell us? There are only a select few people I would recommend this book for. But if anyone wants to read it, I have a copy.

1 comment:

derek said...

I have a suggestion for X -

X, Malcolm (with Alex Haley) -- The Autobiography of Malcolm X