11.28.2007

Spring 2008 Registration

I registered for the spring 2008 semester. Well, not completely. I had to get special, written permission to take 18 credits. For some reason we're only allowed to take 17.5 credits during the spring semester and the only way I can graduate in the summer is if I take 18 credits this semester. So I got special permission, but in order to register for my last class I need to go up to the registrar with my note. Here is my spring 2008 schedule (including the class I haven't registered for yet).

Mon:
Moral Philosophy 9:45-11 am
Marx 11:10-12:25 pm
Foundations in Modern Philosophy 1:10-2:25
Major Figure In Early Medieval Philosophy (Not sure which philosopher yet...) 2:45-4 pm
Philosophy of Science 4:10-5:25 pm
Intro. To Symbolic Logic 5:25-6:50 pm

Wed:
Philosophy of Science 4:10-5:25
Intro. to Symbolic Logic 5:25-6:50

Thurs:
Moral Philosophy 9:45-11
Marx 11:10-12:25
Foundations in Modern Philosophy 1:10-2:25
Major Figure in Early Medieval Philosophy 2:45-4

So my Mondays are crazy (but I like getting things done in one shot and I only have class three days a week)... 5/6 of these classes are writing intensive (but I prefer writing papers to taking midterms and finals)... and I plan on getting a new job (but the one I'm most interested in has flexible hours). I'm really not worried though. I'm taking 5 classes (3 of which are writing intensive) and a lab this semester and I'm doing just fine. For summer I already know what I'm taking.

Multicultural American Lit (finishes up my minor and it satisfies my last core)
Independent Study in Philosophy (in place of a philosophy course that every major has to take that is only offered during the fall semester... which I didn't realize until last week).
and pretty much any other class I want to. All I need is a general elective so that I'll have 120 credits. I'll probably go with a low level psych course. Or maybe intro to film or media studies...

Oh, and today is the 2 year anniversary of mine and Corey's first date and the one year anniversary of our engagement.

4 comments:

flatbush gal said...

Happy anniversary!

Jessica said...

thanks!

Ahuva said...

Happy belated anniversary. That sounds like a really cool lineup; I hope you enjoy it. Do you know if you're going to do Copi in symbolic logic? I both loved and hated Copi (once I understood it, Copi really changed my life).

Jessica said...

No idea, but now that I know you've already taken it I may be asking for your help :-D