11.14.2007

Pour Yourself Some Tea


This is the kind of book that you can easily miss and if you do, it really doesn't matter. But once you've come in contact with it, if you get nothing out of it, you're actually worse off. This book is translated from French, but please don't hold that against it. This book is dry, but not boring. Philosophical, but not elitist. I give it a gold (but not the shiny gold, the kind of gold that's been handed down from generation to generation and is all tarnished... like your bubby's shabbas candle sticks) star.









*Today's title brought to you by Weezer. "My Name is Jonas". Download it. You won't regret it. Or maybe you will. I don't really know your musical tastes...

2 comments:

Nemo said...

Whaddya mean "dry"?

Jessica said...

I guess I mean that there was no "creative writing 101" in this book. Its definitely an interesting read, but its not filled with action or fantasy. Have you ever seen the show "Dr. Katz"? It was a cartoon for adults about this psychologist. That show was dry, but I absolutely loved it. And if you haven't seen that show, this part of my answer probably didn't help you at all.