11.14.2007

Kept Thinking I Could Never Live Without You By My Side

I had an idea. I think I may know why men say "shelo asani isha" and women say "sh'asani kirtzono'. They (who they is, I don't really know) always say that someone who puts others down only does it to build themselves up. Men needed a little boost of confidence so it was instituted tht they say "shelo asani isha", whereas the women don't need that boost. So they just thank G-d for the way they were made. When I told this to my husband he giggled, lifted his hand and said in a Borat accent, "Feminism. High five."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the artscroll siddur explains it, but don't ask me - I have no clue.

Jessica said...

Truth is, I really don't care all that much. I have no issue with men being happen that they aren't women. Being a woman ain't easy!

Nemo said...

It seems that it is human nature and "they" are right, that people always want to validate themselves against another person/group/cause.

Anonymous said...

I like your husband! Great comment!